Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Updated: August 22, 2019
You should also know that Canadians have certain rights to privacy under The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), which addresses the collection, storage and use of personal information by organizations in the private sector.
We Are Committed to and Guarantee your Privacy
MAP will not sell, distribute, barter, transfer or otherwise share any personally identifiable information obtained about our users to a third party, unless required by law. We do not sell lists.
Who is Modern Architectural Products (MAP)?
Modern Architectural Products (MAP) is a distributor of high quality architectural building products and materials such metal composites and high-pressure laminates.
How we will we use your information?
MAP does not automatically collect any personally identifiable information. Such information is submitted voluntarily by visitors to our web. This information will be used by MAP to communicate with you for the purpose with which it was collected. By submitting personal information to MAP you agree to its use for the purposes stated within this policy.
Who Can Access Your Personal Information Collected By MAP?
Your personal information is strictly controlled and accessible only by employees who require this information to better serve you and/or improve our performance in regards to our services.
We guarantee that we will not share your personal information with a third party unless you give us permission to do so. You will be informed if we will share your information with a third party and you will have the option to choose whether or not you wish to participate in said contest or promotion.
We do use a reputable service provider that assists us with this web site and other important programs that allow us to serve you. These third parties will be required to sign an agreement of confidentially that states that all customer information remains confidential.
MAP has no control over any information shared with another web site prior to or after entering Modernap.ca from said web site or portal. We do track all traffic to and from our web site and we guarantee that we will not share your personal information with a third party unless you give us permission to do so.
You will be informed if we will share your information with a third party and you will have the option to choose whether or not you wish to participate in said contest or promotion.
Modernap.ca contains links to other web sites and is not responsible for any information submitted on these sites. MAP is not responsible for the privacy practices of any of the sites that may be linked to Modernap.ca . This policy refers only to Modernap.ca and its member stores across Canada.
All information submitted to Modernap.ca is completely voluntary. Any time you submit your information you are giving consent to the collection and use of your personal information by MAP for the purposes set out in this policy and on the website.
We offer the opportunity for individuals to determine if we hold any personal identifiable information as well as making available the opportunity to review and/or correct this information. MAP takes all necessary precautions to protect the security of your information.
These requests must be made to Modern Architectural Products. through firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the website for MAP Ltd. (collectively with any subsidiaries and affiliates, “MAP”, “Company”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) has been prepared to explain how we collect, use, protect and disclose your information when you use the MAP website https://www.modernap.ca/ , or any other websites of our material manufacturers (“Sites”) and MAP services, including any software, mobile applications, products, devices, plug-ins, forms or other services offered by MAP from time to time and other services offered through third parties integrating MAP’s systems (collectively, “Services”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information. “You” or “Client” refers to you as a user of the Sites or Services.
The use of information collected through our Service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged MAP Ltd.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide To Us
In order to assist you with your inquiries, we collect information that may identify you and other personal information you voluntarily provide to us about you or users whose information you provide to us when you sign up for or use the Sites or Services (“Personal Information”). This may include:
- your name, phone number or other contact details, and the company you work for;
- MAP does not collect or keep any password information, but note when you register on our website, we use a third-party plug-in called WooCommerce which is used when you voluntary create your username, password and email when you register for an account to use the Services or submit a quote and that information may be processed by them; Should you want a generic password and login that can be provided to you and we suggest you create that type of registration profile.
- the Profile information you provide us when you create your account profile to use any of the Services (“Profile”) to help you and others be located through the Services;
- information about other individuals when you add users through the use of our Services and the capacity in which they may use data within our application;
- any other information you may provide to us voluntarily through your use of our Sites and Services.
The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Sites or Services. Where this is the case, we will make this clear at the point we ask you to provide the information.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that if you were to request more information on those projects listed on the blog, any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used to assist you in providing more information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Sites and Services. This is done primarily through Google Analytics. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), this information is considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Usage Data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. We may share Usage Data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customers’ needs and improve our Services.
When you use the Sites or Services, some examples of the Usage Data we may collect could include:
- the type of Web browser you use;
- your operating system;
- your web request;
- your Internet Service Provider;
- your IP address;
- referring/exit pages and URLs;
- the pages you view and how you interact with links on the Services;
- comments and other content you post via the Services;
- the fact that you have posted comments;
- the time and duration of your visits to the Sites or use of the Services; and
- other such information relating to your devices, and your activity on our Sites and Services.
We do not store such Usage Data itself and/or such information, yet this type of information, through Google Analytics, GoDaddy Hosting, or WordPress 3rd Party Plug-ins be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers of Google Analytics, WordPress or the 3rd Party Plug-Ins. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Sites or users of our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Sites, etc. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Sites and Services, and to enhance the Sites and Services.
Our mobile application may collect certain additional information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, available storage space, connection type (e.g. WiFi vs. cellular) and information about the way you use the application. We may also use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location. If you do not want us to have your location information, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
You can log in to our site using the Login services such as Quick Quote by Woo Commerce or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address), with us, and to pre-populate our sign-up form.
Cookies and Web Beacons
MAP uses Google Analytics, GoDaddy Hosting, or WordPress 3rd Party Plug-ins and similar technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes for the following purposes:
- Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We will use your Personal and Business Information to provide you with access to and to support your use of the Services and to monitor your use of the Services. We will also give you the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information on the Sites.
- Surveys, Contests and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, you will need to provide certain Personal Information.
- Questions and Requests: If you contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Contacting You About Other Products, Services, News and Events: MAP may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services, news and events that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of contact from MAP by emailing email@example.com .
- Service Improvement: We may use your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other information collected through the Sites and Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
- Order Fulfillment: We may use your Personal Information that you provide to fulfill any orders you may place for Services offered by MAP.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
MAP does not directly share your personal information with any third-party. The personal information which is voluntarily provided is only shared with MAP employees and our partners to assist in the fulfillment of your requests and our Services.
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our material suppliers who can assist in providing Services;
- to our sales team and employees who can assist in providing Services.
- to other associated businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours (“Service Providers“). We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf or to fulfill your request. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by MAP;
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. MAP will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other content and information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to or comply with legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of MAP or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law;
- to a potential buyer(and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consentto the disclosure.
We do not allow any third-party advertising on our website. Although we are not involved in this practice, based on our use of Google Analytics, GoDaddy Hosting, and WordPress 3rd Party Plug-ins, they may share non-personally identifiable information with third party ad servers, ad networks, and data exchanges (“Advertisers”) so that they can tailor their advertisements to your apparent interests and deliver those advertisements to you while you are either on our Sites or use our Services. These companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer or use other technologies such as Web beacons to conclude that you have an interest in and to display a relative advertisement instead of a random advertisement. In addition, Advertisers use technologies (such as cookies, pixels, and Web beacons) to collect information about your browsing behavior on our Sites and via our Services which they may match with information they have previously collected (including personally identifiable information you have provided to them). Our Privacy Notice does not cover any use of information that Advertisers may collect from you or that you choose to provide to them. For information about how to opt out of receiving certain behavioral advertisements, please visit this website (or if located in the European Union). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on a publicly available page or any other public forum on the Sites or Services, others may access that information. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information transmitted to us. For example, we control physical building access and monitor our offices with video surveillance; authorized staff utilize multi-factor authentication mechanisms. We also utilize secure servers for our emails, antivirus and firewall software with daily and real-time monitoring, in addition to our website security, protection and monitoring to avoid any potential online threats or attacks. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100%. secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Sites or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone else other than our customers or potential customers who voluntarily provide us with their Personal Information in order to fulfill an inquiry or request. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from anyone who do not deem to be a customer or potential customer, we will delete such information from our records.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Since we use Google Analytics, GoDaddy Hosting, and WordPress 3rd Party Plug-ins, your Personal Information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). Specifically, our Sites and Services are hosted in Canada and the United States, although Google Analytics, GoDaddy Hosting, or WordPress 3rd Party Plug-ins and third-party service providers may operate around the world.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION (EEA VISITORS ONLY)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Our business is based in North America as is most of our customers. We have blocked geographical IPs and access from most international countries from accessing our website other from the United States, Canada or those countries where a corporate or subsidiary head office of which we do business with may reside.
We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so or have provided it to us, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, or for more details on our legitimate interests, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or where we have an ongoing business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable, legal, tax, or accounting requirements). We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Upon request MAP will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. You can always review, correct, delete or update your Personal Information by changing the relevant settings in your MAP account or by emailing us. We will respond to your request at the latest within a month.
You can opt out of receiving certain emails by changing notification settings on emails or in our applications, clicking the unsubscribe link provided in an email, by deleting your MAP account or by emailing us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy for MAP Users
MAP collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
MAP has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of its Clients. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the MAP’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data by our Client we will respond in line with appropriate data protection laws.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. MAP will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Rights of EEA Users
If you are a visitor from the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to accessyour Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Yet note that MAP in most cases does not grant access to our website to parties outside of North America. If you wish to correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can always do so by changing the relevant settings in our MAP account or emailing us.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processingof your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communicationswe send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consentat any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain other countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights promptly and at the latest within a month.
However, see above section for situations when Personal Information has been collected by a Client of MAP’s that has contracted with us for use of the Services. You should contact them directly to exercise your data protection rights, and refer to their separate privacy notices.
From time to time, we may change this Privacy Notice. When we do, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make, for example we may give you or our Client notice by posting the revised Privacy Notice on the Sites prior to the change becoming effective.
Those changes will go into effect on the effective date shown in the revised Privacy Notice. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “Effective date” displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Modern Architectural Products
85 Burford Road
Hamilton, ON Canada L8E 3C6
For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal information is:
- Modern Architectural Products., if you are a visitor to the Sites
- The relevant Client if you are a user of our Services